General Bipin Rawat (CDS) Death, Age, Height, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography, Wiki – Bipin Rawat was a four-star general in the Indian Army. He was the 27th Chief of Army Staff and the first Chief of Defence Staff of India. He was killed in a helicopter crash on December 8, 2021.
- 1 Who Is Bipin Rawat (Bipin Rawat Kaun Hai) Wiki/Biography
- 2 General Bipin Rawat CDS Age, Height, Weight
- 3 General Bipin Rawat CDS Family & Caste
- 4 General Bipin Rawat CDS Wife & Children
- 5 General Bipin Rawat CDS Career
- 6 General Bipin Rawat Salary
- 7 General Bipin Rawat CDS Awards, Honours & Achievements
- 8 General Bipin Rawat CDS Signature
- 9 General Bipin Rawat CDS Death
- 10 General Bipin Rawat CDS Facts
- 11 Conclusion
Who Is Bipin Rawat (Bipin Rawat Kaun Hai) Wiki/Biography
On Sunday, 16 March 1958, at age 63 years, Rawat was born in the village of Saina, which is in the state of Uttar Pradesh, in the country of India. His sign was Pisces. He did his schooling in the city of Dehradun in Uttarakhand. Edward’s School ”in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. He joined the National Defence Academy in Khadakwasla, where he was awarded the Sword of Honour. He also graduated from the Defence Services Staff College in Wellington, Tamil Nadu.
He went to college to pursue a master’s degree. The Army has a Defence Studies degree course at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College in Leavenworth, Kansas. Rawat also earned a diploma in Management and Computer Studies from a university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Rawat was awarded a “Doctorate of Philosophy” by the “Chaudhary Charan Singh University” in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh for his research on military media strategic studies.
General Bipin Rawat CDS Age, Height, Weight
Age: 63 years
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Grey
General Bipin Rawat CDS Family & Caste
General Bipin Rawat adhered to Hinduism and belonged to the Kshatriya (Rajput) family.
General Bipin Rawat CDS Parents & Siblings
His father was Laxman Singh Rawat who was a retired Lieutenant General of the Indian Army.
General Bipin Rawat CDS Wife & Children
He married Maduri Karawat, who was killed in a chopper crash with Bipinrawat near Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. The family has two daughters. One of them is named Kritika Rawat.
General Bipin Rawat CDS Career
Bipin Rawat was commissioned into the 5th battalion of the 11 Gorkha Rifles on December 16, 1978. When he was promoted as a Colonel, he was the commander of the Fifth Battalion of the 11 Gorkha Rifles in the Eastern sector along the Line of Control in Kibithoo, Arunachal Pradesh. When he was promoted to the rank of “Brigadier”, he commanded the “5th Rashtri Riflemen Sector” in Sopor, Jammu and Kashmir. As a Brigadier, he had also commanded a multinational Brigade in “Chapter VII mission” in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Central Africa, where he was awarded the “Force Commander’s Commendation” twice.
When Rawat was promoted to Major General, he had to go and be the GOC of the 19th Infantry Division in Uri, J&K. Lietenant General was a military rank, so he was the head of the “III Corps,” which was headquartered in Dimapur, Nagaland. Then he took over the Southern Army in Pune. He had many staff appointments, including being in the instructional tenure at the Indian Military Academy, the logistics staff officer of a Re-organised Army Plains Infantry Division, and being Colonel Military Secretary.
In the year 2016, he was promoted to the rank of General in the Army and he became the leader of the Southern Command (a command responsible for the military in India). On September 1, 2016, he was appointed as the Vice Chief of the Army. The government of India changed the Chief of Army Staff on December 17, 2016. He became the 27th Chief of Army Staff, and he started working on 31 December 2016.
On December 30, 2019, the day before his retirement, the Indian government announced that Bipin Rawat would be appointed as the country’s first Chief of Defense Staff (CDS). His contract will keep him working until 2020.
General Bipin Rawat Salary
General Bipin Rawat received a monthly salary of $3,300 (equivalent to ₹250,000)
General Bipin Rawat CDS Awards, Honours & Achievements
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal
- Uttam Yudh Seva Medal
- Ati Vishisht Seva Medal
- Yudh Seva Medal
- Sena Medal
- Vishisht Seva Medal
- Wound Medal
- Samanya Seva Medal
- Special Service Medal
- Operation Parakram Medal
- Sainya Seva Medal
- High Altitude Service Medal
- Videsh Seva Medal
- 50th Anniversary of Independence Medal
- 30 Years Long Service Medal
- 20 Years Long Service Medal
- 9 Years Long Service Medal
General Bipin Rawat CDS Signature
General Bipin Rawat CDS Death
On 8 December 2021, Bipin Rawat died when he was traveling in a helicopter crash in Coonoor, Tamil Nadu, India.
General Bipin Rawat CDS Facts
- He liked playing football and reading books.
- His family has been serving in the Indian Army for generations, and he belonged to the third generation of his family to join the Indian Army.
- Bipin’s father had served as the Deputy Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army.
- His father was also commissioned in the 5th Batallion of the 11 Gorkha Rifles, the same as Bipin Rawat.
- He was experienced in high altitude warfare, which is fighting against people fighting against the government, and in conducting counter-insurgency operations.
- He was also an honorary General of the Nepalese Army.
- When Rawat was named as the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), he superseded two of his senior officers, Lt. General Praveen Bakshi and Lt. General PM Hariz. The Government of India had broken its protocol of appointing the most senior ranking officer as the COAS.
- He was the third officer from the Gorkha Brigade to be appointed as the COAS after Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw and General Dalbir Singh Suhag.
- After being appointed as India’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Manoj Mukund Naravane was appointed as India’s 28th Chief of Army Staff (COAS).
I hope you like it General Bipin Rawat (CDS) Death, Age, Height, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography, Wiki please share it with your friends and family.