How To Get Rid Of Lizards At Home – Keeping your home pest-free is a method to make sure hygiene and avoid getting startled by them at every corner of the house. Opening your cupboards and drawers, only to seek out an unpleasant sight of lizards isn’t something that you simply will fancy. While most lizards are generally harmless, their presence within the home is not something you ought to need to put up with. Gila monster , Mexican Mexican beaded lizard , and therefore the Komodo dragon are the sole 3 sorts of lizards that are venomous. But, your average household lizards are at the best visually repelling and provides you a squirmy and unsettling feel. this is often heightened substantially if you’re someone with Herpetophobia – the fear of reptiles. Getting reliable, simple methods to urge obviate the lizards is nothing in need of a survival skill in such cases.
How To Get Rid Of Lizards At Home Naturally?
There are several simple home remedies to get rid of lizards that you can employ within your house. Here are a few that you can try for useful results.
Balls made of coffee and tobacco mix are ideal to get rid of lizards. You can place these balls in every corner of the house, and you may see that the lizards clear out or die.
2. Naphthalene Balls
Place some naphthalene balls around your home, in every drawer, cupboard, or corner. Lizards find the pungent smell of these balls irritable and stay away.
3. Pepper Spray
Stir some pepper powder in water and spray it around in the house where you see lizards. They are allergic to pepper and will stay away due to irritation.
Lizards love the warmth and are primarily found in warm places. A remedy to this is to splash cold water on the lizard, which hinders the mobility of the lizard when you can catch it and dispose of it.
5. Peacock Feather
Lizards find peacocks intimidating as the latter is known to make a meal out of lizards. Hence peacock feather should keep lizards away.
Eggshells have a pungent smell that makes lizards nauseated. They also give them an impression that there is a bigger creature close-by, inducing fear.
7. Tobasco Sauce Spray
Mix one or two tablespoons of the sauce with water and fill it into a spray can. You spray this on your walls or places where you often find lizards to keep them away.
The Sulfur in onion gives out a pungent smell that lizards can’t tolerate. You can cut out some slices and keep them around the house or mix onion juice with water and spray it.
Placing garlic cloves around the house will give out a strong smell that will help prevent lizards from coming in. You can also mix some garlic juice with water and spray it for the same effect.
Flypaper is as good at catching lizards as it is at catching flies. Stick some of these papers on the wall, and you’ll find some lizards trapped to the adhesive. You can quickly dispose of them later.
11. Phenyl Tablets
You can place phenyl tablets around the house to drive lizards away. These tablets have an odour that is not appealing to lizards, which will keep them away.
The citrusy smell of lemongrass is a great option to ward off lizards while keeping your house smelling nice too. Just keep some blades of lemongrass around your home.
Commercial Repellent Options to Get Rid of Lizards
If you are figuring out how to kick out lizards from home permanently, here are a few commercial options you may want to try.
- Natural pest sprays that can be sprayed around the house to kill lizards
- Organic granules that can get rid of pests, including lizards
- Electronic pest repelling devices that can spray pesticides and insecticides
- Pest repelling sprays that don’t kill the lizard but prevent them from entering the house
Measures to Take for Keeping Lizards Away
Apart from opting for extreme measures to keep your home lizard-free, you can also follow a few necessary steps to avoid having to deal with a lizard infestation. Following the below dos and don’ts can be a great way of keeping lizards away from entering the home.
- Keep your house clean. A well-kept home will have fewer damp, dusty and closed off spots that can be appealing to a lizard
- Close your windows and doors
- Seal off any cracks, holes or openings that may serve as an entry point for the lizards or other pests
- Lizards get attracted to lights like many other pests. So, turn off your lights when you aren’t in the room or when you don’t need it
- Install metal screens to cover your open windows to prevent lizards from getting in
- Do not cram up things within the house and leave the right amount of space, about 5 or 6 inches between your furniture and the walls to avoid giving lizards cosy hiding spots
- Keep your home insect-free. With no prey to hunt, lizards will shun your house too
- Owning a cat can also keep pests at bay
- Frames and hangings on the walls give lizards plenty of hiding spots. Limit the number of wall hangings that you have.
- Try not to spill food or drinks on the floor
- Stagnant water is where mosquitoes and insects breed and hence quite attractive to lizards. Clear out any stagnant water
- Clear out trash cans regularly
Lizards are an unsightly addition to your home, especially if you can’t stand them. it’s knowing get obviate them and keep your house clean and pest-free using the methods mentioned above. additionally thereto , you’ll also get a cat which can kill or chase the lizards away. If you would like to get rid of them without causing any harm to them, you’ll try trapping them during a cardboard box and releasing them outside.