Step By Step Oriental Insurance Policy Download
Oriental Insurance Company offers a variety of general insurance, including auto insurance, home insurance, and store insurance. When purchasing a plan, each policyholder will receive an insurance document listing the insurance number. This is an important document that must be provided when applying or updating a policy. Eastern insurance documents contain all important insurance information.
What is Oriental Insurance Policy Document?
Insurance is evidence of the conclusion of a contract between the policyholder and the insurance company. This document contains all insurance information such as insurance number, amount paid by the insurer, premiums owed by the policyholder/contractor, etc. This document is issued to the policyholder at the time of purchase.
- Step By Step Oriental Insurance Policy Download
- What is Oriental Insurance Policy Document?
- How to Oriental Insurance Policy Download
- Downloading insurance can save you time spent visiting the branch. Here are the steps a new client must follow to download the policy document:
- How To Get Duplicate Policy Documents – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
- Details mentioned in the policy document – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
- Insurance download benefits – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
- Plans Offered by Oriental Insurance – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
- Important Aspects – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
How to Oriental Insurance Policy Download
Downloading insurance can save you time spent visiting the branch. Here are the steps a new client must follow to download the policy document:
- Visit the website of Oriental Insurance and click on ‘Buy Online’.
- Please select the policy you wish to purchase.
- You will be redirected to a page where you need to enter your information in the four sections: “Insurance Information”, “Calculate Insurance Premium”, “Personal Information” and “Payment”.
- Once the necessary information has been provided and payment has been made, a policy document is created.
- There will be a link to download the policy document. Click it to download the policy document.
Note: Steps are the same for buying other insurance policies available on the website of Oriental Insurance.
Also Read – National Insurance Policy Download – How To Download Insurance Policy in 2021
How To Get Duplicate Policy Documents – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
If for any reason the original document is lost or damaged, it is important to ask your insurance company for a copy. Here’s how a customer can apply for double insurance:
- Report any loss or damage to the original document to your insurance company immediately.
- Send a written statement to the insurance company about the loss or damage of the insurance document.
- You should include information such as loss/damage case, insurance number, date of loss, date of purchase, etc
- In case of loss of insurance, the insurance company may request the same report as the newspaper ad and provide a copy of the ad that was placed.
- Insurance companies may ask policyholders to sign a mortgage bond. It is necessary to replace the insurer if the original document is used for another purpose and damages the insurer.
Note: Company may charge a nominal fee for issuance of the duplicate policy document.
Details mentioned in the policy document – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
The policy document contains the following details that may be useful when making a claim when choosing to renew or renew your policy, etc.
- Policy number
- Details about the policyholder (name, address, contact details, etc.)
- Nominee details (name, address, relationship with the policyholder /life assured, nomination percentage, etc.)
- Procedure to cancel the policy in the free-look period
- Contact details of the company
- Date of commencement of the policy, date of issue, grace period, etc.
- A detailed description of the benefits payable by the insurance company
- Premium due date and the final premium due date
- Mode opted to pay the premium
- Frequency of premium payment
- Surcharges and/or discounts, if applicable
- Riders (additional benefits, if any, purchased by the policyholder)
- Claim procedure
- The procedure of policy renewal, revival, surrender, transfers, etc.
- Insured Declared Value or IDV (in case of motor insurance to know the maximum sum assured that will be paid by the insurance company
- List of network hospitals (in case of health insurance plans)
- Exclusions applicable
- Applicable charges, if any
- Definitions about the insurance terms
- Terms and conditions
Insurance download benefits – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
Having a policy can save you time and effort in collecting information about the policy you own. When applying, you must provide insurance to the insurance company. Even if the registration application is an online process, customers will still need details such as policy number etc.
- Keeping a downloaded copy of the policy document lets one access the policy-related details anytime
- Policy number mentioned on the policy document is an important detail about one’s policy which is asked at the time of making claims, updating changes, etc. Thus having the policy document safely in possession is quite important
- Having the policy document in possession lets one compare their existing policy with other policies and make changes if required
- One may simply go through his/her policy document before making a claim to ascertain validity of the same
- Sometimes a person can get locked out of their online account. At such times, having a hard copy of the downloaded policy document proves quite helpful
Plans Offered by Oriental Insurance – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
Insurance companies offer a variety of insurance plans. Such a scheme:
- Motor Insurance
- Two Wheeler Policy
- Four Wheeler Policy
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Gramin Accident Insurance
- Jan Arogya Bima
- Janata Personal Accident Policy
- Nagrik Suraksha Policy
- Personal Accident – Group
- Personal Accident – Individual
- Janata Personal Accident Policy
- Shopkeeper Policy
- Householder Policy
- Nagarik Suraksha Policy
- Health Insurance
- Oriental Super Health Top Up
- Medicalim Policy (Individual)
- Group Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Royal Mediclaim Policy
- Health of Privileged Elder (HOPE)
- Happy Family Floater Policy
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H and E&S)
- Jan Arogya Bima Policy
- Oriental Happy Cash Policy
- Pravasi Bharitya Bima Yojna
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna
- Fire Insurance Policy
- Marine Single Voyage Inland Policy
Important Aspects – Oriental Insurance Policy Download
Here are a few things about uploading policy documents with forms and other documents:
- Policyholders must always read their policy document carefully as the coverage provided as well as the exclusions applicable may vary from person to person
- Company may charge a nominal fee for issuance of the policy document
- In case of multiple nominees, the joint application is to be submitted to obtain the duplicate document
- If the original document is found, the policyholder is required to return the same to the insurance company
- There is a separate section named as ‘Downloads’ from where one can download the document containing T&C (terms and conditions) of a policy
- If customers want to open an e-Insurance account, i.e. an online account to their manage policies, they need to first submit the E-Insurance Account (EIA) opening form
- While filing a claim, one needs to submit the claim form along with the policy document which can be downloaded from the ‘Download’ section on the website of Oriental Insurance